Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ann Margetson-Treasure Trove

Treasure Trove
Cobalt and Temiskaming Shores are treasure troves of beauty
with lakes, rivers, forests and many different rocks to see,
Wild creature’s great and small wander close at hand,
a glorious place to live, part of our wonderful land.
The air is clean and refreshing no smog is ever found
and I cannot number all the wild flowers that are around.
I have humming birds and neighbors and
other birds too,
I hear loons and wolves talk part of the night through.
Little noise is heard other than nature’s sweet melody
Save for the whistle of the trains that is a delight to me.
Come and visit us and stay for awhile and so feel
The history that surrounds us and helps us to heal,
Yes, a treasure trove to capture and share that comes free,
For in this place dear poetry comes to me so frequently.
© Ann Margetson

No comments:

Post a Comment